Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Schemin'

I'm awake at 1:30 in the morning beginning a project that I had intended to kick off during a two week vacation to Arcata, CA in September. This blog. I'm awake and I'm thinking about a worn out cassette player, when it will snow, yarn, and a lot of little things that I do, or don't, or will, or won't do.

The kick-off.  The painting featured as my background is the work of Tacoma local Curtis Ashby who also runs an apparel line, Paper Diamonds. A month back he contacted me about trying to sell his Ts at Bleach. Yeah, I work there. Last link insert I promise. And I hope that we get him in the shop.  Last September he had hand-painted a dozen or so cotton T-shirts for UrbanXChange's Fall Fashion Lore event (minimally attended but it seemed to me like quite a "who's-who" in terms of a city who's subculture really derives from the grunt of it's artists and malcontents.) Is this a sufficient blog post?

No comments:

Post a Comment